TCC issues digital badges to conference participants based on achievement or by nominations from other attendees. Did you really enjoy a certain presentation? Nominate the presenter for a digital badge to show your support and recognize outstanding work. Was there a facilitator who assisted presenters by providing both technical and emotional support? Engage with participants in discussion threads, blog posts, and social media about your conference experience to earn other digital badges.
These digital credentials are designed around the goals and values of the TCC Online Conference to celebrate professional development, global community-building, and increasing our knowledge of the use of modern technology for teaching, learning, creative expression and building 21st Century learning skills.
- Dyjur, P. & Lindstrom, G. (2017). Perceptions and uses of digital badges for professional learning development in higher education. TechTrends, 61, 386-392. http://doi.org/10.1007/s11528-017-0168-2
- EDUCAUSE. (2019). 7 things you should know about badging for professional development. Retrieved from https://library.educause.edu/-/media/files/library/2019/7/eli7168.pdf
- Horton, A. P. (2020, February 17). Could micro-credentials compete with traditional degrees? Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20200212-could-micro-credentials-compete-with-traditional-degrees
- Panke, S. (2019, April 2). Alternative Credentials: How Can Higher Education Organizations Leverage Open Badges? AACE Review. Retrieved from https://www.aace.org/review/alternative-credentials-how-can-higher-education-organizations-leverage-open-badges/
- WCET. (2017, October 5). Digital credentials for faculty professional development. Retrieved from https://wcetfrontiers.org/2017/10/05/digital-credentials-for-faculty-pd/
To nominate an outstanding presenter (memorable and highly engaged audience) or an individual that goes above and beyond a participant’s role by engaging and supporting participants in conference activities, nominate them at https://2021.tcconlineconference.org/nominate-an-inspirational-leader/
Provide a brief paragraph in support of your nomination. Include the name of the individual and title of the presentation or reasons for the nomination. The nominated individual will receive the claim code for an Inspirational Leader credential by email.
TCC Community Builder
This badge recognizes individuals who actively engaged in social media during TCC 2021 Online Conference held on April 13-15, 2021. TCC Online Conference participants explore a range of themes and, through a highly interactive program, exchange ideas, innovations, and results within the overall context of moving towards the next generation of learning.
This person extended the reach and impact of the event by communicating about conference themes, valuable resources shared, and lessons learned.
Required evidence of (a) five or more tweets with #tccsilver hashtag or (b) three or more Instagram or (c) one blog post covering one or more TCC 2021 session(s). All social media posts must be publicly viewable.
Get more information and submit evidence at https://2021.tcconlineconference.org/badges/tcc-community-builder/
The following badges will be issued at the conclusion of the conference.
For presenting a paper, general, or student session at the TCC 2021 Online Conference.
This badge recognizes those who presented at the th Annual TCC 2021 Online Conference held on April 13-15, 2021. TCC Online Conference presenters explore a range of themes and, through a highly interactive program, exchange ideas, innovations, and results within the overall context of moving towards the next generation of learning.
Individuals who earned this badge were officially invited or submitted a proposal to deliver a session that was peer-reviewed and accepted.
For volunteering time and expertise or supporting participants at the TCC 2021 Online Conference.
Recipients of this badge voluntarily contributed their time and talents for organizing, planning, peer reviews, facilitating online sessions, and/or promoting conference events.
TCC Innovative Scholar
For presenting a plenary session: Keynote, Regional, or Pre-conference at the TCC 2021 Online Conference.
This badge recognizes exceptional expertise and practices in the use of modern technology for teaching and learning.
Individuals who earned this badge were officially presented a plenary session at the TCC 2021 Online Conference held on April 13-15, 2021 or Commemorative Preconference on March 17, 2021.
TCC Outstanding Paper
This credential recognizes the outstanding paper received for the conference proceedings (https://tccpapers.coe.hawaii.edu/)
Editorial Board members review submitted papers and select the best papers. Multiple awards may be granted.
The outstanding paper is also published in the International Journal for Educational Media and Technology (IJEMT, Winter edition)